"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart."
“Jesus was not a white man; He was not a black man. He came from that part of the world that touches Africa and Asia and Europe. Christianity is not a white man’s religion and don’t let anybody ever tell you that it’s white or black. Christ belongs to all people; He belongs to the whole world.”
5 Responses from Billy Graham on Race, Social Inequality
“So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him…” —Genesis 1:27
The Bible is clear that there is no room for racism in God’s plan for His people. Each person you interact with today, each one you pass on the road or in the store, every single man, woman and child is a unique creation of God Almighty. He loves them—and you—with a divine love so strong we can’t possibly comprehend it.
While our imperfection, our rebellion and our sin creates a divide between us and the One who created us—and therefore a division between us and others—God formed a plan to close that gap and draw us back to Him. That plan was Jesus Christ, who heals and changes our hearts and gives us the ability to love others and God as we should.
1. SfK's MB Community member in Malaysia has seen God's outpouring grace to the business as well as to the refugees they support even during the pandemic. Here are a few points with which Earth Heir honors God.
God's timing is perfect. He provided the resources, the right connections, the favor of men for us to pivot within 2 weeks.
God provided a fund of 40,000 USD for us to sew more than 24,000 pieces of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for first-responders.
In the past two months, Earth Heir provided income, equivalent to 12 months in 2019, to our artisans.
During the pandemic, we saw xenophobic treatment of foreigners in Malaysia. Our story of refugee-made PPE for the first-responders helped change the narrative and helped people see a different side of refugee communities.
2. SfK's MB Community member in Nepal witnessed God's caring hands even during this pandemic, which decreased its production to 10%.
We feel blessed that the staff is working cooperatively together despite the reduction in their salaries.
Also, we feel blessed our national and international friends are praying and supporting us in various ways.
3. SfK Missional Business Academy (MBA) has been accelerating the development of its Business Management Training (BMT) to be conducted online. This would be the third type of training, in addition to a 2-week Boot Camp Training (BCT) and 1-week intensive Focused Training (FT). Please see below for more information.
4. SfK's MB Community member in a South Asia nation stepped up to save a Christian hospital that was about to fall into the hands of unbelievers. SfK is working with the missional entrepreneur to help mobilize resources and devising a road map toward this goal. Please pray for God's guidance in this formidable challenge.
5. SfK's MB Fund is considering certain business decisions to raise additional funds to enhance the capacity of making equity investments in missional businesses. Please pray that this initiative will be mutually beneficial to all parties involved in the transactions.
6. SfK's MB Trading activities are slowly but surely increasing in several areas despite the pandemic challenges. Noteworthy is Joybells America's persistent effort in making a breakthrough with large retail chain stores in the U.S. Please pray that this endeavor will gain God's favor.
7. SfK is exploring a potential partnership with a film and video production ministry in Thailand. Please pray that this endeavor will be fruitful in God's eyes.
Upcoming Events & Prayer Requests
July 11, 2020 - SfK MBA will hold an online webinar to introduce its new Business Management Training (BMT-Korean track) and to collect feedback from subject matter experts in various areas.
July 24, 2020 - SfK MBA will hold an online webinar to introduce its new BMT English track and to collect feedback from subject matter experts in various areas.
Please pray that these two introductory sessions will be effective in collecting constructive feedback from subject experts and reflecting them in the curriculum.
August 22, 2020 - SfK MBA will officially launch its two BMT tracks, one for English and the other for Korean. The BMT will commence on August 22 with two hours of weekly training for 16 weeks. Please click the link below to see trailers in English (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTek31nCi9I ) and Korean (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyviTaH_GkE). Please pray that this new online training program will be instrumental in equipping existing and potential missional businessmen, so that they may live an authentic missional life in and through the business for Kingdom purposes.
August 14, 15 - SfK Korea plans to hold its In-person Board Meeting. Please pray that all preparation will be able to overcome any challenges that may come from the COVID-19 restrictions.
August 31 - September 3 - KBM Global gathering will take place in Mt. Sorak, Korea. The scale has been reduced due to the COVID-19 restrictions. Please pray that it will be encouraging and inspirational to the participants.
Thank you for standing with us through prayer and support in equipping and empowering missional businesses in Asia and Africa so that they may produce holistic transformation impact in the lives of people they serve.
We pray that God will bless you abundantly so that you may become a greater blessing to people in need around you and around the world.
Consider a charitable contribution in partnering with SfK