"The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is preached to the poor. Blessed is the man who does not fall away on account of me." (Matthew 11:5,6)
It is true that business institutions cannot be considered as “born-again,” for that unspeakable joy and privilege is reserved for individual people who possess a spirit, soul, and body. However, insofar as certain charities can be considered “Christian” charities and local church institutions can be considered “Christian” organizations—despite that not every person sitting in its pews has been born-again in the John 3:3 sense—businesses may also be labeled as “Christian” in this regard.
Rather than labeling a business—or, for that matter, any other organization—as “Christian,” it may be more theologically and biblically consistent to label such businesses as “Christ-centered.” Here is a working definition of a “Christ-centered business”:
… a value-creating, profit-generating, and law-abiding organization dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ through leadership by born-again Christians who are led and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
It is assumed that all business leaders want their companies to survive over the long-term, which is only possible through creating value, generating profit, and abiding by the laws of the land. Given the scope of this article, we will focus on the latter two criteria of what it means to be a Christ-centered business:
A Christ-centered business is dedicated to making disciples of Jesus Christ.
A Christ-centered business is led by born-again Christians who are, in turn, led and empowered by the Holy Spirit.
1. SfK MB Academy led a BAM seminar for Global South Leadership Forum in Korea. A dozen pastors and Christian scholars attended and their response was very encouraging. Please pray that the participants will create significant influence in their spheres of life.
2. SfK Korea held its in-person board meeting on Nov 13, 14. The board welcomed two new directors, Sungsoo Kim and Donghoon Choi, and the shareholders elected Sungho Kim as Standing Auditor. Missionary Min Young Jung, Advisor to SfK Ministries, joined the board meeting to share insights about where the global mission trends are going. Please pray that the expanded board will be more active in serving the Lord through BAM ministries.
3. SfK MBA's first BMT 16 sessions have been completed, thanks to God's grace. As a result, a total of 24 participants have graduated and received their certificates of completion. Please pray that the graduates will apply what they learned to their business and life practices.
4. SfK has in principle agreed to collaborate with a BAM mission agency in Korea. Two ministries plan to sign a memorandum of understanding to document the areas of collaboration. Please pray that this alliance will produce synergy for the Kingdom of God in the BAM ecosystem.
5. SfK Life approved its 2021 budget at its November board meeting. Please pray that the Lord will provide enough resources to carry out the mission entrusted with SfK.
6. Joybells America has started producing sales in the U.S. Although small, it is the first fruit of year-long efforts in developing a new market in the U.S. Please pray that this humble beginning will grow further in 2021, continuously seeking God's grace and guidance.
7. SfK has made an investment in a new venture in L country, a socialist nation Please pray that this new venture will receive God's favor in getting started and laying the foundation.
8. SfK MB Academy will be strengthened from 2021 as Sungsoo Kim, SfK Tanzania CEO has agreed to assume the office of Deputy Director of SfK MB Academy platform. Please pray that his service will help establish a more solid platform and expand it to the full potential bestowed upon us by the Lord.
Upcoming Events & Prayer Requests
SfK Network is in the process of developing its second 3-year strategic plan. Please pray that we will focus on the Lord for His guidance and insights throughout the development and implementation processes.
SfK is still working on restructuring its MB Trading platform to be synergistic in empowering missional businesses. Please pray that the Lord will bless us with His discernment and wisdom in the process.
SfK is seeking to solidify its relationship with Joybells Investment Company, a Kingdom Investment company. We are discussing practical ways to implement this intent. Please pray that our intent will be fruitful practically advancing His Kingdom.
SfK Korea is yet to consummate the transaction to sell its ownership in Hesed Global to create a fund to expand the MB Fund capacity. Please pray that all transactions will go through smoothly.
Srolan Mango in Cambodia is undergoing a large-scale expansion project as a joint venture. Please pray that the intent for His Kingdom may remain the main driving force behind all decision-making processes.
Joybells America in the U.S. will restructure its leadership and management in 2021. Please pray that the process will be edifying and strengthening its marketing activities in the U.S.
Thank you for standing with us with your prayer and support in equipping and empowering missional businesses in Asia and Africa even under the global pandemic.
May God bless you abundantly, particularly during the season for which Jesus Christ is the reason, so that you may become a greater blessing to people in need around you and around the world!
Consider a charitable contribution in partnering with SfK