"From now on, let no one cause me trouble, for I bear on my body the marks of Jesus."
You may have seen billboards and ads online and on television showing how Jesus can understand us and our current struggles and hopes because he had them too (Jesus faced criticism, Jesus had friends, Jesus was a refugee, etc.). This campaign is part of He Gets Us, an initiative with the goal of helping people “understand, read and learn for themselves about who Jesus is and hopefully find wisdom, hope and peace.” The ads direct viewers to HeGetsUs.com where they can learn more about Jesus, connect with others and receive prayers and encouragement via text. It’s the largest faith-based campaign in history, focused on introducing them to the Jesus of the Bible.
Many churches, Christian organizations and ministries are supporting He Gets Us. Outreach magazine’s editor-in-chief Ed Stetzer is serving as an advisor to the campaign, and Outreach Inc., the parent company of Outreach magazine, is offering resources at HeGetsUs.outreach.com.
Released in February 2023, the book He Gets Us: The Confounding Love, Forgiveness, and Relevance of the Jesus of the Bible (Thomas Nelson) features frequently asked questions about Jesus with detailed responses from contributors of He Gets Us and selected writings from New York Times bestselling author Max Lucado, who is donating all royalties from this book to the campaign. What follows are excerpts from an interview with Max Lucado in which he shares why he is passionate about He Gets Us.
In all my years in ministry, I have not been more excited to get on board as I have been with the He Gets Us movement. The minute I read about it, I wanted to be a part of it. This is a message that is absolutely pure in the sense that it draws people to pursue the person of Jesus Christ. That’s what excites me the most. In a timely and effective way, it appeals to a group of people who may not be ready to walk through our church doors, but who are ready to have a conversation. The goal of He Gets Us is simply to create an encounter between people and the amazing person of Jesus.
A phrase that’s often bandied about in political circles is “stay on message,” which means understand what the story is and stick to it. What I love about He Gets Us is it’s all about our message of the wonderful person of Jesus Christ. Our message is God entered the world in the form of a human being and displayed unprecedented, unparalleled passion, love and devotion. He’s the only picture of God ever taken. And for a person to embrace the Christian hope is for a person to embrace Jesus.
That’s it. That is the message, pure and simple. And that’s what I love about He Gets Us—it’s all about Jesus.
- MB Academy - MB Connect, SfK's ongoing program for MB Community members, held a session on Stress and Sabbath in April.
- MB Academy - SfK's BMT program has developed the outline for its new Entrepreneurship Module with 12 sessions. Please pray that this process will continue the momentum until the final outcome comes to fruition.
- MB Services - Dr. Eun Young Baek will lead SfK's new initiative to form Consulting Force. She holds a Master's degree in Christian Counseling and a Ph.D. in Counseling received from Baek Seok University, in addition to an M. Div. from Hapdong Theological Seminary. She will develop a comprehensive program that will cover various relational issues for BAMers. Please pray that Dr. Baek will receive God's favor and produce an effective program.
- MB Services - Dr. Kang Rak Lee, CEO of KR Consulting, will lead SfK's new initiative to form Consulting Force. He has already been serving with SfK as a lecturer for its BMT program. He will also serve as a regular facilitator for MB Connect and help develop SfK's Korean version of the Entrepreneurship Module for BMT. Please pray that the Lord will help him in forming a team of godly professional consultants in various fields
- SfK Network - SfK Korea held its in-person board meeting on April 28, 29. All nine board members participated in active discussions and presentations for mutual encouragement and hopeful prospects. Please pray that all decisions will be carried out diligently and faithfully.
- SfK Network - BAM Global Summit occurred online on April 27. More than 200 people took part in this important global BAM event.
|1. June 15, 2023: MB Academy - MB Connect will hold its next session on the topic of Migrants and BAM to be presented by Rev. Barnabas Changsun Moon, who leads WiThee Mission, a mission agency specialized in serving migrants, and several other ministries. Please pray that this session will equip the participants with divine knowledge and insights.|
2. August 12, 2023: MB Academy - SfK will hold its BMT 2023 Korean Track. If interested, please scan the QR Code on the poster. Please pray that the Lord will help us prepare sincerely and lead His chosen people to take part in this 16-week online training program.
3. October 2023: MB Academy - SfK will hold its BAM Field Trip. Please pray that the preparation will be made with diligence and that the program will be mutually encouraging and edifying.
4. MB Fund - A couple of potential opportunities continue to evolve. Please pray that all discussions will be selfless with a Christ-centered mindset, and a forward-looking hope for a God-honored outcome.
|5. MB Services - As discussed earlier, SfK Mentor Force and C-Force are recruiting Christian coaches, consultants, and counselors to serve BAMers. If you want to serve with SfK in these capacities, please register your interest by sending an email to email@example.com. Please pray that the Lord will send us godly people with God-honoring talents.|
6. SfK Network - IBA, Korea's BAM network, will hold its Leader's Forum in June and Seoul Conference in August. You may find more information here. http://www.iba-all.org/
7. May 12-12, 2023: SfK Network - SfK Life will hold its in-person board meeting in California. Please pray that all discussions and decisions will be aligned with God's will and guidance.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer and support in equipping and empowering missional businesses in Asia and Africa.
. . .
May the good and faithful Lord bless you richly so that you may become a greater blessing to people in need around you and around the world.