"Very truly I tell you, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me." (John 12:24-26)
The following article comes from an article on the bamedu.com organization site.
THE MAKING OF A KINGDOM ENTREPRENEUR
While sitting with some future “bammers,” one of them asked me what I considered to be the makeup of the good Kingdom Entrepreneur.
I gave them the typical response but as I thought more about it, I have come up with some traits and characteristics of a good “long-term Christian Business Person.”
Passion for Christ and the Nations!
First and foremost, anyone looking to work full-time overseas proclaiming the name of Jesus (whether as a tentmaker or tradition missionary) needs to have a passion for Jesus Christ.
Each and everyone of us needs to growing in our love for Christ and fanning the flame of Jesus in our lives. Time with Jesus must be a priority because without it…your first love will soon fade away.
Along with a passion for Jesus, we need to also have a passion for the nations…that none should perish. We need to have a burning desire in our hearts to share His love with the lost around us.
Our hearts need to break for the lost. It is easy to grow hard over time…pray for a soft heart for the nations.
1. SfK participated in the 2nd BAM Conference held at Bethel Korean Church in Irvine, California. Please pray that this gathering will draw more people of God to live their missional life in and through businesses in the marketplace for His glory.
2. SfK held a gathering of SfK Kingdom Fellows totaling 19 over dinner on September 27, 2019. Most of the Kingdom Fellows are based in Southern California, and we praised God who has enabled us to serve Him collectively through SfK. Please pray that we will continue to serve God in unity by serving people whom He cares for, seeking a holistic transformational impact in their lives.
3. SfK Life held its In-Person Board Meeting on September 28, 2019. This meeting covered its regular quarterly board meeting and strategic planning session, reviewing how BAM has progressed over the 15-20 years, how SfK has participated in the BAM Movement, what the pressing issues remaining are and what SfK should do moving forward. We praise God for the fruitful meeting we had. Please pray that SfK Life board will continue serving as an effective governing board.
4. A new member has been added to the SfK Life Board of Directors. Sam Kim is a lawyer, real estate investor and general construction engineer based in Southern California. We are thrilled that God has sent him to us. You may CLICK HERE to learn more about him. Please pray that God may use him in a mighty way for SfK Life to move to the next step.
5. Also, the Lord has sent SfK Life a new Kingdom Fellow based in Southern California. Kwangho Kent Lee will coordinate the various training curriculum development for SfK Missional Business Academy. Please CLICK HERE to learn more about Mr. Lee. Please pray that God may guide him to play a significant role to strengthen SfK MBA programs.
6. Joybells America, the US subsidiary of Hesed Global, is in the process of revamping the on-line marketing platform for its affiliate Cconma USA. Please pray that this endeavor will pave the way for an on-line marketing platform in the U.S. and beyond.
7. SfK's consulting advisory business is making significant progress on international developmental projects in South East Asia and Central Asia. The names are withheld for security reasons, but please pray that these endeavors will bring a fruitful outcome that is pleasing to our Lord Jesus Christ.
Upcoming Events & Prayer Requests
October 2019: SfK will hold a mini training on BAM for Hesed Cambodia leadership in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. There will also be interviews with the leadership to develop strategies for 2020. Please pray that this mini training and individual leadership meetings will be fruitful.
October - December 2019: SfK will visit several cities in the U.S. primarily to meet with existing and potential supporters for resource development. Please pray that we will go where the Lord is leading us to witness His providence.
February 2020: SfK plans to visit Sri Lanka to explore the possibility of ministry opportunities. Please pray that we will be able to discern God's will.
February 2020: SfK plans to visit Kathmandu, Nepal to try out SfK MBA's new approach of Focused Training for potential missional business. Please pray that its implementation will be thoughtful and beneficial.
February 2020: SfK plans to visit a South Asian nation to conduct an SfK MBA Focused Training for a potential member of SfK Missional Business Community. Please pray that this training will be effective in training and evaluating this potential missional business.
February 2020: SfK plans to visit Tbilisi, Georgia to help design a road map for a committed missional entrepreneur to start a missional business. This couple completed the SfK MBA BCT in 2018 and has received training at a mission agency. Please pray that this meeting will pave the way to a God-led start in this new frontier.
April 29 - May 3, 2020: BAM Congress 2020 will take place in Jomtien, Thailand. This global gathering of BAMers will review what God has been doing through BAMs over the past 20 years and discuss what lies ahead of us. To learn more about the conference as well as register for the event, please click on the link below: