Easter is easily my favorite time of the year. I am sure this Easter will be meaningful too, but unlike all previous Easters – like many of you – I will be at home as our city is in lockdown. For the first time since Easter 1886 our church, which I dearly love, will be empty on Easter Sunday as we are all meeting online. These are difficult days, but nothing compared to what Jesus endured for us 2000 years ago. In Romans 8 verses 28 to 39 God speaks to us concerning such difficult times as these…
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters. And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified. What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? As it is written:
“For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Joybells America, SfK's trading arm in the U.S., made its first B2B sale in March and is negotiating the second B2B sale to materialize in April. Please pray that this endeavor will gain the momentum to empower missional entrepreneurs and farmers in Cambodia, the Philippines, and beyond.
Another business entity in the U.S. is promoting B2C sales of the same products in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and potentially in Colorado, Georgia, and Arizona. Please pray that all these endeavors will be made with joy and thanksgiving.
SfK is making a loan investment in a project in K country that is an Islam nation. Please pray that this will help stand on his own feet of a son of a deceased pastor during his ministry.
Srolan Mango in Cambodia expands its production facility. Also, this business is working on setting up a joint venture with a major company in Korea to scale up its operations. Please pray that all these expansions and partnerships will lead to exhibiting God's goodness.
Hesed Global, the trading platform in Korea has now a Co-CEO to create more effective management and leadership. Hesed Global is pursuing sales to many large organizations. Please pray that their efforts will bear many fruits.
Hesed Global and a member of SfK MB Community in V country are collaborating to build a supply chain for cashew nut products. Please pray that this collaboration will gain God's favor in securing a continuing flow of purchase orders. Also, pray that there will be more collaboration to produce greater synergy for God's Kingdom.
SfK, in cooperation with a Dutch missional business, is conducting basic market research in the Republic of Georgia to explore the feasibility of establishing an animal feed manufacturing plant. Please pray that the partnership and initial effort will gain traction to move forward.
1. APRIL 28-30, 2021: BAM Congress will take place online. This Congress is not an annual event since the previous event was held in 2013. So do not miss this rare opportunity to learn and meet like-minded people globally online. You can register on this website here:https://bamglobal.org/congress/Please pray that all participants will gain wisdom and encouragement from fellow missional entrepreneurs and Kingdom workers.
2. MAY 15, 2021: SfK MB Academy will hold its first Open BMT. Please pray that the preparation process will be a blessing time for people who are engaged and that the speakers and participants will be blessed through this event.
3. Global Mills will make a promotional sale of a Global Mills Box, a bundled box consisting of products made by missional businesses in April. Please make your purchases responsible and missional for God's Kingdom. Please visit SeoulMills.com for your missional purchase.
4. Joybells America is planning to add more products to its business line.Please pray that the process will progress in a financially sustainable manner that will honor God and uplift the spirit of missional entrepreneurs.
5. MAY 2021: SfK Life and SfK Korea board meetings. Please pray that all board members will seek the divine discernment for deliberation and decision.
6. Serving migrants is one of SfK's six strategic priorities. After much prayerful consideration and several attempts, the Lord has led us to an opportunity to serve in this aspect in collaboration with multiple parties. Please pray that this opportunity will be explored, analyzed, and decided, seeking God's wisdom.
7. APRIL 2021: For the Post BMT. SfK MB Academy will hold an Accounting and Finance session about Loans - Benefits and Pitfalls to be led by a former bank CEO Jeffrey Lee. Please pray that the Post BMT sessions will enrich the skills and practical wisdom of the participants.
Thank you for standing with us in prayer and support as we continue equipping and empowering missional businesses in Asia and Africa in order to produce the holistic transformation impact in the lives of people they serve. . . .
May the good and faithful Lord bless you abundantly in this season of remembering the redemptive death and life-giving resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ with His divine peace and overflowing grace so that you may be a greater blessing to people in need around you and around the world.
Consider a charitable contribution in partnering with SfK